A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth, helping to restore its shape, size, strength or improve its appearance. A crown not only strengthens a tooth, but can also dramatically improve a tooth’s appearance, shape and alignment. When the crown is adhered into place, it will fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
We also offer full ceramic crowns, which are ideal for restoration of front teeth to their natural appearance. Full ceramic porcelain dental crowns also offer a natural looking solution for broken teeth, cracked teeth or teeth that are too badly damaged to be corrected with fillings or veneers. Ceramic crowns can be made in different shades of white that will match your surrounding teeth and other cosmetic dental work.
Crowns may be used to:
- Replace a large filling when only minimal tooth structure remains
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment